Thursday, August 18, 2005

Another day, another dollar...

It's been so hot and stuffy in the office at work the past few days that I've not even fancied switching the PC on when I got in from work... first stop the freezer for an ice lolly! Yippee!!

I'd love to be able to enjoy this weather we've been getting... the evenings have been lovely and I've sat out reading more of my book and sudoku-ing away...

Really enjoyed The Apprentice last night, but again elements of the UK 1st season by brining back former fired apprentices to work on the teams... We had to say bye-bye to Raj last night, I think Ivana's for the chop soon... or at least I hope so... :o)

America's Next Top Model ends on Monday, so I have now picked up another reality show to while away the hours on... Showbiz Moms & Dads.... blimey... it's another world! Especially the beauty pageant circuit... I've seen documentaries about it before, but you think that's showing the extreme side of it really... but no... the mom, grandma, and 4-year old complete with their gay 30-something pageant coach are a real eye-opener! Although really cringe-worthy, it's still rather addictive viewing! Like how many people can say they fake-tanned their baby! Shocking! LOL

So I had high hopes of finishing The Good Wife today on the bus home... didn't happen as some rather colourful biddies got on the bus and I didn't get a moment's quiet bless... so the sudoku puzzle book I bought, just in case I'd need it, didn't get used... however, it has some other tough looking Japanese puzzles in it so may give it a whirl tonight... I should be making some birthday cards for the 23rd but it's too hot to concentrate... here's hoping tomorrow will do!

Anyway, heat's too much, I need to go top up my glass of ice cold Tropicana Golden Grapefruit mmmm....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could just fancy a glass of that tropicana :)
How have you liked the Buchan? I haven't read any of hers yet. Should I?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Natty said...

It was a good read, I wouldn't say I'd be running out to read more of her books... I did get a teary eyed in some bits. But it's her second book and the reviews on amazon say although excellent, it couldn't top her first one, revenge of the middle-aged housewife I think it's called....

Anyway, finished off the grapefruit and am starting the Sanguinello Tropicana for breafast... my favourite... I wonder why you can't buy blood oranges anyway more these days... hm...

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Sanguinella is my second favourite, after the vitamin one strangely.
Hmm, blood oranges. I used to like those...

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home